Balancing supply and demand for marketplaces
Wed, Oct 2, 2019
The fifth in our series of collaborative workshops will be held on October 2nd at Paybase’s London office. This workshop will be all about balancing supply and demand for marketplaces.
But, what does it mean to balance supply and demand? Put simply, it's the split of buyers and sellers that a business needs for their marketplace platform to succeed. With too few buyers, sellers will not join a marketplace; with too few sellers, there is not enough supply to attract buyers. It is one of the most important considerations for marketplace platforms - and therefore a perfect topic for our fifth workshop.
N.B. You do not have to have attended any of our previous workshops for this to be relevant. We have a new theme for each event!
Below is a schedule of how the evening will unfold:
- 18:30 - 19:00: Arrival and Networking
- 19:00 - 19:10: Introduction
- 19:10 - 19:40: Balancing supply and demand - basic principles, why it’s important for marketplaces, and Case Study - Jozef Wallis, Co-Founder & COO at Booxscale
- 19:40 - 20:00: Why are Network Effects so important for platform businesses, by Nick Fulton, Senior Partnerships Manager at Paybase
- 20:00 - 20:20: Networking break
- 20:20 - 21:00 - Balancing supply and demand from a Geographic perspective, using data science to balance supply & demand - by Paul Cook, Growth and Analytics advisor for Hiyacar, Esme Loans, Licklist etc.
- 21:00 - 21:15: Final Networking & Drinks